Saturday, April 6, 2013

Latina.com: Gina Torres On Being Afro-Latina in Hollywood, 'Hannibal’ & More! By Jesus Trivino




On NBC’s Hannibal you portray your [real life] husband’s, Laurence Fishburne, wife. Is it difficult to work with your husband?

It’s great. When we’re home, we’re a married couple. When we’re on set, we’re actors and we’re working. We understand each other and have a great deal of respect for each other and for each other’s work. I was talking to our director, Guillermo Navarro, and he said, “You know, this is really weird.” I said, “What’s weird about it?” and he said, “Usually when I work with spouses, they’re competitive and the two of you are not competitive at all, you’re respectful and you support each other.” And again it’s that thing that I get to work with Laurence Fishburne. What actor in their right mind does not want to work with Laurence Fishburne? He is phenomenal, warm and gifted, and so that’s what I get to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment